RSS

Episode 9: I’m Diggin’ Digsby

The Law Filed Under: Labels: , ,
072409.2235

As I get older I find myself less attracted to instant messaging, preferring text messaging and better yet, phone calls. However, there are still some people I speak to predominantly through IM so I keep it around. When I do IM people, I’m finding myself gravitating toward Facebook. Facebook has many more advantages over traditional IM: an obviously more detailed profile, the status updates tend to be a truer reflection of the happenings of our friends, and in most cases, we have more friends on Facebook than tradition IM applications.

The problem with Facebook is I personally hate IMing on web browsers. I got to thinking wouldn’t be awesome if I had an application that merged my AIM, Yahoo, and MSN, accounts as well my Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter accounts, and worked just like a traditional IM program? Lo and behold, I stumbled upon Digsby. Digsby is awesome. It is exactly what I was looking for – perfect integration of all of my IM and social networking sites, great interface, customizable, all the newer features of IM programs like IM logging, tabbed windows, file transferring and picture sharing, and gives me new updates for all my networks without having to log in through my web browser. All of your conversations appear as traditional IMs. It seems to access Facebook via proxy because when I log into Facebook, the conversation I had via Digsby will appear on the Facebook site. With multiple skins, you can emulate the look of AIM, or use its own interface which I think it better and less cluttered than AIM. It lacks some of the polish of AIM, and aesthetically akin to an open source app, but that shouldn’t deter most users. I’ve tried other apps like seismic, but the interface was a bit too cluttered and didn’t really have the messaging features I was looking for.

If you want an exceptional messaging application that does it all, works great, and costs you nada, Digsby is the way to go,

Download Digsby Here

edit post

1 Response to "Episode 9: I’m Diggin’ Digsby"

  1. The Law Says:
  2. My pleasure, Erick! Keep up the great work. I'll look into the digsby sidebar for sure.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading L Tech Report, and for leaving a comment about this post!